Is the Coronavirus impacting tours and visits to Yuengling’s Pottsville brewery?
Yuengling Brewery is actively monitoring state and national agencies’ guidance regarding the nationwide Coronavirus outbreak. Public tours of America’s Oldest Brewery are still running and in order to protect the safety of our employees and visitors, we are closely monitoring the CDC for guidance on best practices.
Yuengling Brewery is taking additional preventative measures with the accessibility of alcohol-based hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, and tissues throughout our facilities. Employees have been reminded to be diligent with their health habits and follow precautions to protect themselves and their families. Additionally, Yuengling Brewery has increased its cleaning and sanitizing of public areas and surfaces throughout the tour route and gift shop.
Our first priority is always to keep our community safe, and as a result, please see the updated information regarding public tours to our Pottsville brewery.
- Visitors are asked to stay home if not feeling well
- Tour sizes may be reduced to fewer people per group
- A modified tour route includes the historic caves, old racking room, and Rathskellar to learn about our 190-year history, where the brew house and bottle shop are excluded at this time.
- Visitors sampling beer are provided a new disposable sample cup for each beer; up to two samples.
Do you have to be 21+ to go on a brewery tour?
All ages are welcome. A valid ID is required to sample Yuengling products at the end of the tour. There is soda available for those under the age of 21 and visitors who prefer non-alcoholic beverages.
How long do the tours last?
Approximately 30 minutes.
How can I prepare for my tour?
Please remember this is a working and actively running brewery. You will encounter a real manufacturing environment. Here a few reminders:
1. All tour visitors must wear completely closed shoes. No sandals, flip flops, clogs, Crocs, or anything with openings around your foot is acceptable. It must be a completely closed shoe. To be safe, sneakers work best.
2. During the tour, visitors may experience sudden changes in temperature throughout the brewery. You will also experience elevated noise levels in various departments.
3. Please note the tour is not wheelchair accessible. Be prepared to walk stairs. Visitors can enjoy a free sample (ID required) or visit the gift shop while visiting the brewery if they choose to opt out of tour.
4. Face masks are required, and we are continuing to actively monitor and implement best practices in order to maintain a safe environment for employees and visitors.
Visitors can enjoy a free sample (ID required) or visit the gift shop while visiting the brewery if they choose to opt out of tour.
Can I arrange a private tour?
Reservations are required. Call (570)-628-4890 for more information.
What is the best way to get to the Pottsville Brewery?
Is there parking at the Pottsville Brewery?
Street and meter parking. Additional stone lot parking behind Gift Shop is located on 5th & Norwegian Street.
Do I have to go on tour to purchase beer at the Pottsville Brewery?
Can I bring a dog to the Pottsville Brewery?
Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate dogs and any other pets at our brewery.
Is there a restaurant at the Pottsville Brewery?
We do not have a restaurant at the brewery but there are several excellent restaurants located within walking distance that serve Yuengling beer! Just ask us for more information when you visit or click Where To Eat.
Can you recommend any great places to stay in Pottsville?
Check out Where to Stay.